The municipal preserved zone. A original seat was founded around 1300 and had a symetric ground plot with oblong square and was surrounded by stone walls with moat. Till 1316 the town was in possession of the king dynasty. One of the most known owners was Albrecht from Wallenstein which it made as a centre of his manor and to this purpose he adapted it. The dominant of Jičín is tower called Valdická Gate from years 1568-70, high 52 m. The tower was a part of ancient fortification. There is the Church of St. Jack the Maior from 1627 off the tower. The church is joined by brickwork stairs with the Baroque mansion from the beginning of the 16th century. Inside of the mansion there is found museum and gallery. On all circumference of the Valdštejnské square has been preserved arcade and there are many Renaissance and Baroque houses.